Take a few moments and surf down memory lane.
There are certain memories or ideas that set you apart from your neighbors, if you are a true Baby Boomer.
Look at the items below. You’ll know that you qualify as a true Baby Boomer if you remember…
1. “Cruising” on a Friday night, listening to the Top 40 on your AM radio.
2. How much popcorn you made when you got that first microwave.
3. When there were only 3 TV channels — and it was so hard to choose what to watch!
4. Where you were when JFK was shot…(or RFK)…(or MLK, Jr.)…
5. When the “Domino Theory” meant something other than planning to have pizza for dinner.
6. Who shot J.R.?
7. How scary it was to open that first Apple II…(or Tandy)…(or Commodore)…to add a card to increase the RAM from 16K all the way up to 64K.
8. When your teenage son or daughter first told you about the Internet.
9. When the Beatles sang “I want to hold your hand” to Ed Sullivan.
10. The unbelievable taste of good ol’ Ripple wine.
11. How “neat” it was to hear the Beach Boys actually sing surfing music at the beach, on your transistor radio.
12. When you bought your first car that actually had seatbelts installed.
13. When you said that you’d never trust anyone over 30.
14. What a TV test pattern looked like, when the channel went off the air at midnight.
15. When we gave up trying to win “hearts and minds” and settled for “peace with honor.”
16. When the price of gas jumped up to 50 cents per gallon.
17. When everybody did the “bump” in their leisure suits at the disco.
18. Making love, not war, on your way to Woodstock in your flowered VW van.
19. Watching the first man walk on the moon with “one small step…”
20. When Carnaby Street came to Main Street, and everyone wore mini-skirts and platform shoes.
How many of those items do you remember?
Add up your score and compare with the grade levels below:
16 – 20 remembered: You qualify as a true Baby Boomer — you were there and remember it all.
11 – 15 remembered: You’re probably old enough, but they say that “memory is one of the first things to go…”
6 – 10 remembered: It’s nice to have you youngsters join us here today.
Less than 6 remembered: Either you’re real young or you once were a friend of Timothy Leary’s — wasn’t he the one who said “If you remember the ’60’s, then you weren’t really there?”